This meal required some quick thinking. It was 5 pm and James was on his way home from work and dinner wasn’t ready yet! The horror!
I looked in my ‘fridge and cabinets and pulled out some frozen shrimp from Trader Joe’s, panko, lemon, parsley and butter. The Pernod on the bar caught my eye too…et voila! A star is born.
…actually, as I was fluttering around the kitchen, I remembered an Ina recipe I had watched her make sometime last year so I did a quick search and found this…I didn’t, in fact, make it up at all. I used her recipe and varied it a bit based on what was in my kitchen. This serves two.
What you’ll need:12-14 medium sized shrimp (cleaned and de-veined) 4 tbsp. of unsalted room temperature butter 3 minced garlic cloves 1 minced shallot, 2 tbsp of chopped parsley 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp. of Pernod 2 tbsp. of Vermouth salt & pepper 3 tbsp. of olive oil 1/3 cup of panko.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place 6 (6-inch round) gratin dishes on a baking sheet.
- Put butter in bowl. Mix by hand mixer or by hand (I did this by hand, really easy).
- Add garlic, shallots, parsley, lemon juice, Pernod, salt and pepper and mix.
- Add the olive oil and mix.
- Fold panko into mixture.
- Put 1 tbsp. of Vermouth in bottom of each gratin dish.
- Make sure shrimp are dry and place equal amount in each gratin dish.
- Spoon butter mixture evenly over shrimp.
- Make for 12-14 minutes. Check and make sure shrimp are cooked through to the bottom.
- If you want to, put gratin dishes under broiler to make top crispier.
We served this with a side of Orzo.