Music: Broadcast – I Found the F
I’ve talked about this sandwich before but I was craving it and couldn’t get to New Haven…so we made it at home. We paired it with polenta fries which were delicious and an easy alternative to french fries (although no more healthy).
What you’ll need for the Sandwich:Roast beef goat cheese melted onions
arugula mayonaisse mixed with horseradish to taste bread vessel
What you’ll need for the polenta fries:3 cups of milk 1 cup of chicken stock 1 1/2 cups of polenta 1/2 cup of Comte 1 cup of flour salt & pepper 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Bring milk and chicken stock to a boil.
- reduce to simmer and slowly add in polenta and 1 tsp. of salt with whisk until it pulls away from sides of pot.
- Stir in cheese.
- Remove from heat and spread evenly in a baking pan.
- Chill in ‘fridge for 2 hours.
- Once solid, cut polenta into 4 inch strips.
- In a separate dish, combine flour and salt & pepper.
- Dredge in flour.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan.
- Fry polenta strips for about 7 seconds on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Reheat in oven when ready to serve.
Also, we had a lovely dinner with my parents last night for Valentines Day (how romantic)…look for the post for duck rillette in the next few weeks.