Music: If Looks Could Kill – Camera Obscura
I can actually say I grew up eating the world’s best brownies. My father was given this recipe from a friend and my mother made them for every family event. There is a secret ingredient in them that I would never reveal (since it’s not my recipe) but I thought I would attempt them. I, of course, changed them entirely and they came out not so great (mostly because I was too lazy to go back to the grocery store to get the right ingredient after having already been there 5 minutes before). And I learned something this week, something I’m finally able to admit. I am not a baker. With that, I bring you the recipe (without the secret ingredient) for the best brownies in the world. They sure do LOOK good!
What you’ll need:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 13x9x2 pan by greasing and flouring.
- Cream 1 stick butter with sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and espresso powder. Mix well.
- Over double boiler, melt other stick of butter with unsweetened chocolate and add to above mixture.
- Add flour and salt. Mix well. Add chips and mix.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.