Music: The Middle East – Blood
We here at Brooklyn Plated are real fans of the simple dinner (I mean, who isn’t). This is an easy week night dinner (for those of you that actually eat pasta) and very tasty. I think the first time we had this was at our old neighborhood standby, Gennaro, on the Upper West Side many moons ago. I can’t remember where we got the actual recipe from, James has been making this for years but, as you can see, it’s very simple.
What you’ll need:Raviolis of your choice 8 tablespoons unsalted butter 20 small fresh sage leaves 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth a tiny bit of lemon juice salt & pepper to taste
- Boil raviolis.
- Melt butter over medium heat in saucepan until white parts brown.
- Add sage and chicken broth and reduce heat.
- Simmer until sauce thickens up.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Toss with raviolis and serve!